Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year - 2008

Happy New Year to one and to all!

I am very excited about the new year. With the new year I am starting this new blog - Educational Technology Digest. For the last year-and-a-half or so I have been writing Edtec Student's Daily. However, the name did not well represent the gross infrequency of my writing. Although I hope to write much more regularly this year, I decided to change the name of the blog.

I learned much over the last year, particularly the last half of the year. One of the best things I started to learn, or continued to learn, was how to learn better - how to control and enhance my own learning. As I progressed on my learning journey, I learned much about how to help other individuals and even entire organizations improve their learning.

There are a very large number of tools now available to enhance learning. Many of these have come to be known as Web 2.0 tools. Of course not all Web 2.0 tools are learning centric; nevertheless, many have the capability to be used in such a capacity. In 2008 there will be a greater level of adoption of these tools. I hope to write much about them, and about learning in general, in this blog. I hope you will choose to follow along with me through the year.

No comments: